Sunday, April 27, 2014

This Week at Ramsey Farms 4.27.14

Monday*Tuesday*Wednesday*Thursday*Friday
We celebrated Easter on April 20 with the cooking of a succulent ham, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, salad from the garden, homemade bread, and a number of other culinary delights. It was too wet outside to work in the garden so we focused on family and food. The Ramsey Farms Bakery was delighted to bake breads for several family's holiday meals! I hope you all had a lovely holiday with your family and friends and loved ones.

We are headed down to Georgia this weekend to tour a few properties that may...maybe....just might...be a prospect for...The Big Farm! Most of my week has been focused on coordinating this trip and setting up appointments to tour real estate (while still working full time and the kids are both home all week. Spring Break.)

Not much action in the garden this week. Simply tending to seedlings and plants, watering, harvesting a lot of lettuce, and reseeding radishes and lettuce.

Saturday

We had a whirlwind trip to the middle of Georgia and back all in just about 28 hours! :) We toured several properties, and I don't want to jinx it...but maybe I found "the one". Stay tuned the next couple of weeks will be hectic with some additional research, leg work, phone calls, and real estate details to see what the universe will bring.

Sunday, April 27
Truly another blur of days this week. I read a couple books during the past week or two that I wanted to share with you. One is Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle and the other is Gift from the Sea by Ann Lindbergh. Both were written in previous decades (Circle was written in 1972, Gift in 1955 originally) but many of the thoughts and struggles resonate with today's issues.

The gist of both books was that we live in such a progressively fast-paced world that our lives are becoming blurs of time. In order to truly enjoy this one life and live it balanced, content, and with reduced stresses we should slow it down, take time for ourselves, take time to listen to our own spinning thoughts, take time to sit and smell the roses, and simply take time.

Life is fast and finite, I for one do not want to spend the precious time I have rushing from one chore or meeting or errand to another. I want to relish and cherish every moment. I want to take that time to sit and feel the sun on my face, hear the birds singing, listen to the creek gurgling, watch bees buzz from flower to flower, see children running through the field. I want the special quiet moments in my own life to not get lost in the shuffle of busyness we tend to impose on ourselves.

This is my mission for my life and my family. Simplification. A slower pace. (I don't even have any clocks in our house.) A broader margin. A wider view. A little house surrounded by trees, pasture, and a creek with a 1,000-foot long unpaved driveway and hidden off a winding, country road deep in the heart of Georgia. Perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment