Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Just $100



“It’s just $100”'

A friend of mine shared with me that they spent well over $100 on taking all the kids to see a major new film at the movie theater a few weeks ago.

$100?! I wish you could see the look on my face?! 

They enjoy going to movies and work hard for their money and it is certainly their business and their prerogative with what they with their money, I would use that in many different ways simple because going to the movies is not something I really enjoy doing.

Let’s just for pretend sakes, say we put $100 in an interest bearing savings account at my local credit union (it pays 0.75% APY) and just for fun we add another $100 to the account every year. It would take nine years but eventually you’d have over $1,000! For me, that seems way more fun than lugging a bunch of little children to sit through a long movie in a theater! 
Image result for $100
Okay now take your same $100 and put it in that same savings account and let’s say instead of going out to eat or getting my nails done or whatever I can sacrifice, I put an extra $100 a month in that same account! It’d take ten years, but you’d have more than $12,500 in that account!

Put that $100 in an investment with a 7% rate of return, contribute $100 a month for ten years and you’ll wind up with more than $17, 000!

Live and enjoy life, but be sure you’re preparing for the future. It’ll be here quicker than you realize. It may be just $100, but through diligence and discipline you can turn that $100 into a great deal more while teaching your children the importance of steady plodding for investing in their futures.

"Steady plodding brings prosperity" Proverbs 21:5 (TLB)

No comments:

Post a Comment