Saturday, January 25, 2014

Easy 40-Minute Homemade Hamburger Buns

One reason many people don't bake bread at home these days is time. Simply put, as a culture, we are just too busy. Well here is an easy and relatively fast recipe to bake delicious, fresh, homemade hamburger buns (hotdog buns, sandwich rolls, etc) in just 40 minutes!
All that remained following our hamburger dinner! (See the bits of green onion?!) :)
For whatever magical bread reason I don't understand, this dough doesn't have to rise! But the rolls turn out fluffy, light, & delish! I added a couple tablespoons of finely chopped scallions to my dough just when I turned it out to knead so there are fresh bits of green onion mixed all into the buns! YUMMMMMMMY!

2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 cup warm water, plus
2 tablespoons warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
3 -3 1/2 cups flour

Directions

  1. In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
  2. Add oil and sugar and let stand for 5 minutes.
  3. Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough.
  4. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 to 5 minutes.
  5. Do not let rise.
  6. Divide into 12 pieces and shape each into a ball.
  7. Place 3" apart on greased baking sheets.
  8. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
  9. Bake at 425° for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
  10. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool.

I got this recipe at Food.com, where I find most of my recipes because I love their search filter options. You can click HERE for the direct link to this recipe. (I do not receive ANY endorsements or credit or anything from food.com, I just like their site.) Post a comment below if you make this bread - what do ya think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment