Monday, January 20, 2014

Our Daily Bread: Make Ahead Refrigerated Bread Dough

If you've ever read any article on this blog, you already know...my family loves eating fresh baked breads and I love making them! It's gotten to the point where I bake breads at least 4 to 5 times each week. Today for example my daughter and I are going to whip up a big batch of tortillas to use for lunches during the week and I'm going to make a loaf of rosemary bread. We'll both use the dough already in the fridge from this recipe!

It's great - make up a big batch of this dough, keep it in the fridge, and you can make quick & easy real homemade bread in about one hour. It keeps for up to 2 weeks in the fridge (though I believe ours has lasted only as long as maybe 8 to 10 days because we use it)! Take out as little or as much as you need for a meal. I've made several large loafs or just 6 dinner rolls - it's so nice and easy.

Here is the recipe link - just follow the directions and feel free to add a comment below if you have questions! :) If you want to do tortillas, just take out the dough, kneed as instructed on a corn meal floured board, shape into balls, roll as flat as you can and fry in a hot, dry skillet - no extra rise time required. We use the tortillas for quesadillas, leftovers, nut butters, jelly/jam/apple sauce, salsa, salad greens, rice & beans, pretty much everything!

Happy baking! I think it's important to savor every bite! ~ Ramsey

No comments:

Post a Comment